Most homeowners do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Palmdale Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to learn all you will want to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to reach out to refrigerator repair Palmdale.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many homes that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food and drinks at the right temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Palmdale Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
The condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator out into the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is directed within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, transforming the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the temperature throughout the refrigerator, starting a new cooling period when needed.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Palmdale for service right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and then the next cooling cycle starts. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the room and reverts back to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues its journey to the evaporator, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from inside the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one area and then distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a house, provides a optimal space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Palmdale Appliance Repair.
Palmdale Appliance Repair is able to fix most common brands and models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed technicians in Palmdale complete training to troubleshoot and repair issues with cooling, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart synchronization and various problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Palmdale Appliance Repair